Saturday 27 June 2009

Mendoza, 16th May

Mendoza is Argentina's most important grape growing region, producing 70% of the country's wine, especially the region's signature variety, Malbec.

After arrival in Mendoza, we headed round the corner to a cafe, where we had a very slow and poor lunch, before I headed to the supermarket to pick up some groceries for the Boeuf Bourgignon I was planning to make for dinner.

The stew wasn't bad - probably needed something like cranberry jelly in it, and some wholegrain mustard - but everyone seemed quite happy with it and considering the mash was made with a wooden spoon, I though it went down quite well!

After a few drinks (and drinking games) we headed out into town, stopping at a couple of bars before getting taxis to Apoteco, a lively club just outside of the centre. However, I wasn't really feeling up for it - it was absolutely packed and I didn't like the music - so Kerry and I headed back to the hostel only to find that Rich and Kat were already there, looking for their own privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment