Wednesday 13 May 2009

Back in Cuzco (St. George´s Day)

We went for dinner in an "English" pub, where they were holding an English themed Pub Quiz, in which we came second thanks to double points in the "England" round. I shared dinner with Vikki again, getting a Chicken Salad and a Thai Chicken, both of which were excellent. We were out to celebrate several things: not only was it St Georges Day and Richard´s 28th, but Charles was flying home prematurely for a job interview as a consultant haemotologist, and, obviously, we´d just completed the Inca Trail!


I started early, having two Black Russians with dinner before heading to Mythology, where we got a Cuba Libre on entry and I quickly finished off another as we left to go to Roots, the bar we´d been in previously in Cuzco. We stayed there for a few hours; I danced the whole time while drinking Black and White Russians at 15 soles each (3 pounds 50). Later, we moved to Mama Afrika, where a short Peruvian girl grabbed my hand and started dancing with me... about 4 hours later, on the sofas in the corner of Mama Afrika, I began to get suspicious of her, and after she made excuses that we couldn´t go to hers, or mine, but she knew a hostel round the corner for 200 Soles a night, I decided to leave alone. I got home at about 6am and it wasn´t until the following evening that I heard that Mama Afrika is a hotspot for "semiprofessional prostitutes" - I was glad to have escaped when I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment