Sunday 24 May 2009

Day 42 - Potosi to Uyuni

We were boarding a 6-hour coach to Uyuni at 11.30, so I headed out early to find some breakfast, before searching the market for a souvenir - I eventually found a silver ring which the vendor told me was 95% silver, and she´d made it herself. Even if that wasn´t true, I was happy to pay the 70BS (7 pounds) she asked for.

En route to Uyuni, we stopped in the middle of nowhere for snacks and a toilet break, I picked up a couple of delicious potatoes stuffed with spicy vegetables and egg, deep fried and topped with a mild chilli sauce for about 20p each.

Arriving in freezing Uyuni just after dark, we headed almost immediately to Minuteman Pizza; an excellent tourist restaurant run by an American - allegedly Bolivia´s best pizzas; I have little doubt! A must if you´re in Uyuni, that´s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment